http://www.makepovertyhistory.org The EPIC Journey: All Saints Day

Thursday, November 03, 2005

All Saints Day

EPIC was wonderful last night. The atmosphere was warm, lively, and cheerful. More like a family gathering than worship. Elementary age kids, youth, college students, singletons, widows, retired, marrieds - all came together to laugh, share, and worship in God's presence. It was awesome! It was even a little crowded in the chapel.

Some words from last night...

May this service of remembrance lift our spirits, lighten our hearts.

...Teach me to take stock of what I have given and received, May I know that it's enough, That my striving may cease In the abundance of God's grace... Edward Hays

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness light; where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console; Not so much to be understood as to understnad; not so much to be loved as to love: For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning, that we are pardoned; it is in dying that we awaken to eternal life. - St. Francis of Assisi (1182-1226)

Speaking of saints - prior to EPIC, we watched a wonderful movie in youth group. I highly recommend Millions (www.hollywoodjesus.com review). A rare PG movie that is challenging and entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home